Thursday, January 31, 2019

January 2019

Wow! It's been a long time since I last updated this blog. The last post was my attempt to go back to blogging and I hope this time I will really update again.

Anyway, to start this year, my friends and I launched our first book! We've been talking about it for a long time but we decided to finally make it happen.

I started to focus on practicing painting with gouache. It is so fun yet it intimidates me!






Here are my attempts with portraits that always frustrates me because it doesn't looked like the subject that I copied. But yes, baby steps!











I actually aim to post daily but when my grandmother(the last photo wearing yellow) died, we have to go to the province and I left all my gouache set. I did some watercolor paintings though. I painted her house as a memory keeping.

Some sketches during our visit in Negros Occidental.




I decided to send Mystery Gifts to my 10 Facebook Friends.Some of them will receive a watercolor portrait and others will receive special stuff along with Sketchy People in Transit, my 19/5 zine and a postcard. I am just so grateful from last years blessings that I decided to do this.


In preparation for our next series, here are some random sketches. Can you guess? ;)



I joined a free tour of Manila Central Post Office and I even received a key chain for being an early bird. It was also nice to know that there are lots of people who still collect stamps. And I hoarded some old and new stamps so friends, expect to receive a postcard from me. ;)
February is Arts Month and my planner is already full of the events I will attend so I am so excited. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment