Monday, July 6, 2015

May Sketches + events

My B sketchbook from Sketchnotes just ended that month but just in time, Lauren gave us some goodies during our May Sketchwalk / UsKPh 4th Year Anniversary and I got a new sketchbook! Yay!

Thanks for the 5 months, B!
After some years of always having simple black cover sketchbooks, this sketchbook looks elegant for me hehe
also I like it because it has 3 part pages: plain orange pages sandwiched with patterned pages.

Now onto the on location sketches! :)

05.09.15
Sabang Beach, Baler, Aurora

05.16.15
Colegio de San Juan de Letran, Intramuros, Manila
Urban Sketchers May Sketchwalk

05.16.15
Fort Santiago, Intramuros, Manila
Urban Sketchers May Sketchwalk

It's been a year now since I joined Urban Sketchers Philippines and I'm happy that I gained new friends, self confidence in drawing and I'm not shy to draw in public places anymore. :)

Showing our four fingers for four years!
Happy sketchers! :)
That was also my first time to join lunch with them. After lunch, we checked the exhibit location for the next day event.

I was supposed to go to National Museum alone but good thing that some members planned to go there too so we go to the museum together. It was my first time to see Spoliarium by Juan Luna! And I was so giddy to see Fernando Amorsolo's works! He's one of the artists that I look up to. 

National Museum is just one street away from the University that I attended but I just visited the museum that time because the entrance was free and I'm not into visiting museums during college days.

Spoliarium by Juan Luna (Detail)

05.16.15
Starbucks Seaside, SM MOA
UsKPh participated in Manila Urban Design Festival at Maestranza Plaza. We had a workshop and exhibit along with other participants.

05.17.15
Maestranza Plaza, Intramuros, Manila
Aurelio's Retro Bike


Some of us showing our sketches :)

05.17.15
Maestranza Plaza, Intramuros, Manila
Sketched the Fire Tree while doing the Cheddie Pose :)

Nadja and I under the Fire Tree doing the Cheddie Pose.
Cheddie was the one who took this photo.
She's the first one we know who sketch under the tree/subject.

05.24.15
Eagle's point Resort, Anilao, Batangas
Other than these sketches, I continue practicing drawing faces and also the month that I started my 100 Day Project drawing foods, which is my favorite subject! Will compile my drawings soon but you can view it on my Instagram account for the mean time. :)

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment